FRC is the Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA. This is an official document that provides details about your family members. It includes the name and age of family members and also provides the candidate’s relation to the family member. Several companies or institutions ask for an FRC for a variety of purposes such as employment. Any citizen who is above 18 years can apply for an FRC and provide application requirements in-person and online as well. Here’s all you need to know.
Why Apply for an FRC?
The Family Registration Certification holds a variety of benefits. Any institution that requires your family data will ask you to provide them with an FRC as it’s an official document issued by NADRA itself. Below are a few reasons why you should apply for an FRC.
- Ease of Visa Applications
- Supporting Document for Legal Matters
- Helpful for Scholarships or Sponsorships
- Immigration or Emigration to other Countries
- Helpful for School and University Admissions
- Legal and Official Proof of Family Connections
How to Apply for an FRC Online in Pakistan 2023
If you can’t visit the NADRA office and wish to apply for an FRC online. Here’s how you can do that. Below is a small step-by-step guide to help you apply for an FRC over the web.
- Firstly, go to the Pak Identity Portal and create an account if you don’t have one. If you already have an account, log-in using your existing account.
- Click the FRC option and fill out the application form.
- Choose your payment method to pay for your application. You can choose a Debit card, Credit card or you can opt for NADRA’s e-Sahulat account as well. As of now, the fee for FRC is Rs 1,000.
- In the final step, you will upload your photo alongside the required documents and submit your application.
Documents Needed for FRC Online Application in Pakistan 2023
The following documents will be required for an FRC application. Ensure that you have these documents with you because your application won’t be processed without them.
You will need the CNIC/POC/NICOP of your Guardian/Spouse/Child respectively.
If you have a family member whose age is below 18 years, you will need a Child Registration Certificate and photographs of members who are below 18 years of age.
How to Check Status of Your Application in Pakistan in 2023
If you went to the NADRA office and underwent the procedure there, you can check your application status by sending your application Tracking ID to 8400 from your mobile phone. If you’ve applied for an application online, you can check status by visiting the Pak ID portal or you can install their mobile app and check for status through their app. Once your FRC has been generated by NADRA, you’ll receive a softcopy of your FRC via email. It usually takes place within 24 hours.
FRC holds immense importance and if you don’t need it right now, you will definitely need it in the future. Its required for all important legal matters and for most foreign applications or visas. Lieutenant General Munir Afsar Appointed as New Chairman of NADRA: But Who Is He?