In recent news, the Pakistani government has updated the visa regulations for tourists visiting Russia. Now, the applicants must also give a small interview informing about their travel expenses, their stay, and host arrangements.
Effective from November 23, all applicants must give their interview in the embassy for the allotment of tourist visa to Russia.
Documents Required for Russian Tourist Visa
For a smooth and obstacle-free visa process, all candidates must submit a set of documents to the embassy for their application. These documents include:
- A document from an official Russian tourist operator that contains the applicant’s itinerary, personal information, date of stay and exit from the country, travel arrangements, candidate’s accommodation or host details, and the purpose of visit.
- Proof of stay payment whether through a hotel reservation or from a voucher.
- The applicant must also provide documented proof of their return ticket from Russia.
- The passport must have a minimum expiry of 6 months alongside two empty visa pages for the return ticket as well. Alongside that, a high quality image of the two empty passport pages is also required.
- A visa application form is also required that can be done through an online portal and an attached photograph as well.
Updated processing time and visa fee for tourist visa to Russia
According to sources, the government has revised the fee and processing time for the tourist visa to Russia. Now, the new processing time is 30 days, after application submission. Moreover, the latest fee for the tourist visa is as below.
Single Entry: Rs 22,560
Double Entry: Rs 35,360
The fees cover the application and service costs of the visa. After the acceptance of visas, Pakistani tourists can go to Russia and visit the wonders of Moscow and St Petersburg.