The official travel document is issued by the Directorate General Immigration & Passports. This document is a necessity for citizens who wish to travel abroad for visit, study, and job.
A special passport number, that is machine-made, is allotted to the individuals who wish to travel abroad for immigration, tourism or visit, and to seek job opportunities.
How to Apply for new Passport in Pakistan
As of yet, the issuance of a new passport is not available via the web. To apply for a new passport for the first time, the candidate must visit the nearest passport office with the required documents. Follow the steps below to ensure your passport applying process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Firstly, ensure that you’re taking the necessary documents with you. Please have your CNIC card with you at all costs.
- Secondly, ensure that you’re carrying at least 5,000 Rs for service fees if needed depending upon the category of your passport.
- Find the nearest passport office and head there.
- Once you reach the passport office, you will find a counter where initial forms will be distributed.
- Take a form and fill it. After the form has been filled, you will need to submit the service fee.
- The service fee will be submitted in the centre as well or you can opt to pay for the service fee using online apps such as easypaisa.
- Afterwards, you will need to take the applicant’s copy of the paid fee alongside the initial form you’ve filled and stand in line to get your picture taken.
- Afterwards, the DG I&P official will take you at a counter to get your picture taken and ask for some documentation details.
- At the end you will be given a receipt which you need to take with you. After the given time, you can head to the office and go to the receiver counter where you can show your receipt and receive your passport.
Documents Required to apply for new Passport in Pakistan
The following documents can be required while some documents are conditional. However, do ensure these documents are ready before you go to apply for your new passport.
- Proof of passport fee submission will be required, such as an e-challan or normal applicant copy.
- Original CNIC or NICOP is required for a passport as proof of identity.
- If you already have a passport, you’ll need to bring the previous passport, original and photocopy.
- An NOC ( No Objection Certificate ) will be required if you’re a government or semi-government employee wishing to travel abroad.
- If you’re a Dual National, you’ll need your Foreign passport.
- If you have lost your passport, you’ll need to bring a police report mentioning the lost passport.
Passport renewal fee for overseas Pakistanis in Saudi Arabia [November 2023 update]
There are two categories for renewal. You can renew your passport for 5 years or for 10 years. For 5 years validity renewal below is the fee for both normal and urgent category.
Passport Renewal for 5 years fee
Below is the fee structure for all types and categories.
Passport renewal for 10 years
The fee for passport renewal for 10 years is as below.
The fees mentioned are exclusive of delivery and those charges will have to be paid extra.