Over the past few years, NADRA has been facilitating citizens by their online portal. Several queries can be answered and a lot of activities can be done over the NADRA portal instead of going to the nearest Branch. They also provide doorstep delivery for several products and application processing can also be done online, all in the comfort of your home.
However, please keep in mind that these services are only available for existing cards. If you’re a fresh candidate, it is a requirement for you to visit the nearest NADRA branch in person for your card for the first time. Moreover, if you already have a card then you can utilise these services to the maximum. If you’re looking to apply for a NADRA Smart card online, here’s how you can do that.
How to Apply for CNIC Online in Pakistan 2023
NADRA has facilitated citizens by providing them online access to applications such as CNIC, SNIC, and FRC. If you’re unable to visit the nearest NADRA branch and wish to apply online, follow the steps below.
- Visit the Pak Identity Portal and sign up. If you already have an account, login using your existing account.
- Choose your application type such as CNIC, SNIC Card and fill out the application online.
- After you’ve successfully filled the application, you need to select a method for payment. There’s multiple options for payment such as a Debit or Credit card. You can also use a NADRA e-Sahulat card.
- Afterward, you’ll need to upload a scanned photograph. Ensure that the photograph you upload is clear and is in accordance with the NADRA guidelines. It should be in clear lightning and proper format. You can use the Pak ID mobile application for this purpose as well.
- After you’ve uploaded a photograph, you’ll need to upload a scanned copy of your fingerprint. Pak ID mobile application can also be used for this purpose.
- Upload all the necessary documents required for the application.
- Submit your application.
Supporting Documents Required for CNIC\CNIC Online
The following supporting documents are required for the renewal or modification of existing CNIC or SNIC cards.
- Copy of Parents or blood relative’s CNIC.
- Attested CNICF and CRC if applicable.
- Matric Certificate or Domicile. Passport or any other equivalent certificate can also be used.
- 2 biometric Witnesses scanned CNIC or fingerprint.
- Attestation of the witness’s CNICF is also required.
- Proof of permanent address.
- If parents are deceased or unavailable, CNIC of any local person who lives in the vicinity can also be used.
The supporting documents mentioned above are also subjective in some cases. This means depending on your situation or case, the case officer can request further documents if required.
How to Check for Status of Your Application
To check for status, you can login to your Pak Identity portal and go to your existing applications. Under existing applications, you can select Tracking ID for your application and view its status.
Here’s how you can also apply for an FRC online. NADRA FRC Online: How to Apply and Check for Status in Pakistan 2023