Dubai has very strict policies on the renewal of driving licenses. It is imperative to renew your Dubai driving license as soon as it expires. Fortunately, due to the advanced infrastructure, you can renew your Dubai driving license online in just a few steps. Let’s have a look to see how you can renew your driving license online instantly.
There are some rules before renewal of a driving license. The candidate is to pay all traffic fines before the renewal process. Moreover, due to the strict policies, the authorities at Dubai levy a fine of 10 AED per month for individuals who do not renew their driving license after it has expired. Applicants can renew their driving license online through various methods such as websites and mobile apps.
How to renew Dubai driving license with RTA App
The RTA app is one of the best ways to renew your Dubai driving license. For the first step, the applicant must download the RTA app on their mobile phone and register an account.
- First of all, the applicant is required to set up two accounts. They must have a UAE pass account and RTA account. You can easily set up these accounts on your mobile phone.
- Once you download the RTA app, you can register using a UAE pass account as well. You need to link both accounts. If your UAE pass account and RTA account aren’t linked, you’ll get a small pop-up asking you to link your account.
- If you don’t have an RTA account, tap register and the application will ask you to give your full name, email address, nationality, and phone number.
- After providing these details, you’ll be prompted to set up a username and password for your account. After that, you’ll get an OTP on your mobile number or email and your account will be up.
- Once your accounts are up, you’ll need an eye test from a professional optician.
Documents required to renew Dubai driving license
Below is a short list of the required documents for the renewal of Dubai driving license.
- You will need your Emirates ID.
- Your original driving license.
- You’ll also need to pay the service fees applicable.
- The fee for applicants younger than 21 years is 120 AED. The knowledge and Innovation fee is 20 AED while 100 AED are the regular renewal charges. Moreover, you’ll also be charged an extra 500 AED if you wish to avail the mobile truck service for eye test and renewal.
How to renew Dubai driving license through Smart App
The candidate needs to open the mobile app and click on the license renewal option. Afterwards, the applicant must scan the QR code from the driving license and settle the previous traffic fines. Then, the applicant must pay their service fees via a credit card and then the customer is issued a temporary driving license through email until the renewed one arrives.
Delivery services and charges
The following delivery types are available. Their charges differ depending on the time period the delivery service takes.
|Delivery Type||Delivery Fee (AED)|
|Same day delivery||35|
|Delivery within 2 hours||50|
Moreover, if the candidate has an Apple ID, they can receive an electronic license through the RTA app over their Apple wallet.